Wednesday 1 January 2014

Nobel Prize


My friend Sterling at http://sterlinglynch.wordpress.com/ said of this cartoon: “Optimism is not your strongest trait”. Maybe he's right. No, he's definitely right.

I feel that if we ever solve most of the worlds biggest problems then fate will finally deal her fatal blow. But I'm not worried. We'll never solve most of the worlds biggest problems.

We live in a world where politicians call intellectuals elitists and environmentalists eco-terrorists. They call voters “average”, like that's a good thing. In Canada they work for the “average” Canadian. Do they want us to feel average, not great? What if I don't want to be average? What's wrong with being an elite in my field? Wayne Gretzky was an elite in his field. He's a national hero!

So, if the world adopts an environmentally friendly source of energy, eliminates global hunger and ushers in world peace, that's when I'll start to worry (more so).


No comments:

Post a Comment